Effective as of October 1, 2017.
1. Explain the way we use information that you share with us in order to build a great product and give you a great experience with it;
2. Ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission, and what we do — and do not do — with it;
3. Hold us accountable for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy.
All the information we collect is related to providing the Kitab Sawti service and its features. The information we collect in order for you to use Kitab Sawti includes:
- Registration information, including your name, and other information you provide when you sign up for Kitab Sawti.
- Broad, non-specific location, which we derive from your IP address. Our content licenses may be location-specific, so we need to know what country you’re in.
- The content you listen to and your interactions with the Service. This allows us to make recommendations to you and suggest relevant content.
- Technical and sensor information necessary to operate Kitab Sawti. This includes the type of browser and device you use, data from the touchscreen, and information from your device’s sensors. This enables you to control Kitab Sawti and allows us to improve the experience for you.
We will be clear with you about how and when we might share information.
In some contexts, we will share certain information. For example, like most services, if you sign up for Kitab Sawti through a third party like Facebook or a mobile provider, we share some information with them and they share some information with us in order to enable your account.
By using or interacting with the Service, you are consenting to:
2. the transfer of your information outside of the country where you live;
4. the public availability of your information and the controls over such information as described in Sharing information.
We may collect and store the following information:
3.1 Registration data
When you sign up for the Service, we may ask you for information such as your name, username, password and email address. If you connect to the Service using credentials from a Third Party Application (as defined in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE LINK (e.g., Facebook), you authorise us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials. We may also collect other information available on or through your Third Party Application account, including, for example, your name, profile picture, country, hometown, email address, date of birth, gender, friends’ names and profile pictures, and networks.
3.2 Usage, log data and cookies
When you use or interact with the Service, we may use a variety of technologies that collect information about how the Service is accessed and used. This information may include:
1. information about your type of subscription and your interactions with the Service, such as interactions with audiobooks, featured lists, other audiovisual content, Third Party Applications, and services which are offered, linked to, or made available on or through the Service;
2. the details of the queries you make and the date and time of your request;
3. technical data, which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access or connect to the Kitab Sawti Service, unique device ID, device attributes, network connection type (e.g., WiFi, 3G, LTE) and provider, network and device performance, browser type, language, information enabling digital rights management, operating system, and Kitab Sawti application version.
3.3 Payment data
If you sign up for a Trial (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use), purchase any of our Paid Subscriptions (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use), or make other purchases through the Service, your credit or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by us and/or the payment processors with which we work. We may also collect some limited information, such as your postal code, mobile number, and details of your transaction history, all of which are necessary to provide the Service. In addition, the payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number.
3.4 Sweepstakes, contests & surveys
3.5 Kitab Sawti service providers and partners
We may also receive information about you from our service providers and partners, which we use to personalise your Kitab Sawti experience, to measure ad quality and responses to ads. We also use this information as explained in the section How we use the information we collect below.
Consistent with the permissions you give us to collect the information, we may use the information we collect, including your personal information:
1. to provide, personalise, and improve your experience with the Service and products, services, and advertising (including for third party products and services) made available on or outside the Service (including on other sites that you visit), for example by providing customised, personalised, or localised content, recommendations, features, and advertising on or outside of the Service;
2. to ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Service;
3. to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you agree to receive;
4. to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us (e.g., through your Kitab Sawti account settings);
5. to enable and promote the Service and other services or products, either within or outside the Service, including features and content of the Service and products and services made available through the Service;
6. to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud;
8. to provide you with features, information, advertising, or other content which is influenced by your location and your location in relation to other Kitab Sawti users; and
This section describes how the information collected or generated through your use of the Kitab Sawti service may be shared by you or by us.
5.1 Sharing by Kitab Sawti
Marketing and advertising
We may share information with advertising partners in order to send you promotional communications about Kitab Sawti or to show you more tailored content, including relevant advertising for products and services that may be of interest to you, and to understand how users interact with advertisements. The information we share is in a de-identified format (for example, through the use of hashing) that does not personally identify you.
Please see the section Information about cookies, other technologies, and third-party data collection below for information about the cookies and other technologies that we and third parties use to serve you more relevant ads and your options.
Service providers and others
The Kitab Sawti service allows you to listen to fully-licensed streaming content. Kitab Sawti may share information with the rights holders that license this content to Kitab Sawti. The data that Kitab Sawti shares is in a de-identified format that does not identify you directly.
Certain Kitab Sawti partners
If you access the Kitab Sawti Service through an offer that you received or purchased from a third party such as your mobile network operator, we may also share information with that third party about your use of the Kitab Sawti Service, such as whether and to what extent you have used the offer, activated a Kitab Sawti account, or actively used the Service.
In addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these limited purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- to respond to legal process (e.g., a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so; to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law; to protect the safety of any person; to protect the rights and property of Kitab Sawti, including to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use and any other terms that you have agreed to; and to address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- to publish de-identified or aggregate information about the use of the Kitab Sawti Service; and
We are committed to protecting our users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Kitab Sawti Service. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information.
The Kitab Sawti Service is not directed to children under the age of 13. (In some countries, stricter age limits may apply. See our Terms and Conditions of Use.) We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, do not use the Service and do not provide any personal information to us. If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal information to Kitab Sawti, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you may request exercise of your applicable access, rectification, cancellation, and/or objection rights. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove publicly available content, please contact us at email@example.com.
Occasionally we may, in our discretion, make changes to the Agreements. We may make material changes to the Agreements without prior notice. If you do not wish to continue using the Service under the new version of the Agreements, you may terminate the Agreements by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11.1 What are cookies and other technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. The cookie will help website providers to recognise your device the next time you visit their website. There are other similar technologies such as pixel tags (transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email, which indicate that a page or email has been viewed), web bugs (similar to pixel tags), and web storage, which are used in desktop software or mobile devices. There are also technologies such as mobile device identifiers and SDK integrations to help companies recognise your device when you return to an app or otherwise use the a service.
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them). The cookies have different purposes. Some cookies are used to allow us to operate the Kitab Sawti service as you have requested. Others are to analyse how the Kitab Sawti service is accessed, is used, or is performing. We use this to operate and improve the Kitab Sawti service.
11.3 Manage your cookie and other preferences
On your mobile device, you may also have a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (on iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android) which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests. Please note that even if you opt out using the mechanisms above, you may still receive advertisements when using the Kitab Sawti Service.
You hereby consent to the use of the cookies and other technologies described above.
11.4 More information